Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Basket Weave Scarf

Happy Wednesday!  I showed you on in my last post my first completed knitted item, the Lacey Keyhole Scarf.  Here's a picture again, just because I like it so much!
I was so pleased with how this turned out that I wanted to start working on something else right away, so I chose a simple basket weave scarf pattern from the Chicks with Sticks Guide to Knitting which I borrowed from the library and got started.  Here's what I have so far (about 36 inches or so).


My favorite things about this stitch pattern are, first that its simple, knit 4, purl 4, repeat across for 4 rows, then purl 4, knit 4, repeat across for 4 rows, so I don't have to look at a pattern at all to make it.  Second it is giving me great practice on the basic stitches in knitting and reading my knitting so I don't even really have to count which is a good lesson to learn early, and finally it's just a really cool stitch pattern.  Here's a close up.
The stitches look like they are weaving in and out of each other, hence the name!  Looking forward to finishing this project up soon and am already thinking about what I am going to make next!  What are you working on?  I would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment