Friday, February 28, 2014

FO Friday: Kids Socks

So there was no WIP post this Wednesday because as of 10 am Wednesday, I didn't have a single project on the needles!  It's been quite a while since I have been WIP-less. This week I finished 3 projects, but I only have one I can show you right now.




And guess what, it's another pair of socks.  This time they are for my daughter. It's amazing how much faster it is to knit socks for kids than for my own size 12 foot.  These are just basic top down socks, no pattern just measured my kiddos footsies and cast on.  The yarn is a Knit Picks Felici in the Peachy colorway. It is fingering weight 75% superwash merino/25% nylon with 218 yds to 50g and I really enjoyed working with it. Which is why I'm sad that it looks like Knit Picks is discontinuing this yarn line. I have a few more skeins in my stash though, enough for a pair of socks for my son and a pair for me. 

I also finished 2, yes 2 sweaters this week!  One is my Ravellenic Games sweater which has all of the knitting done, just needs a few more ends woven in, buttons which I haven't bought yet and a bath.  The other is my Hobbit-a-long project, my Dragon Fire Pullover. I missed the New Hobbit movie release, but I still haven't seen it and I believe it's still in the second run theater in town. This one is completely done, all ends woven in. It just needs to be washed and blocked. No pics of either one yet, so once I get them I'll tell you all about them!

What have you finished this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment