Friday, November 22, 2013

FO Friday: My first hand spun!

So I haven't finished anything in a while. Spending all of your free time in the dye studio doesn't really leave a lot of time or energy for knitting. This is a bit strange for me.  Add to that the fact that I have 6 projects currently on the needles, and none of them near completion, and I feel like I haven't accomplished anything at all over the past month. 


Then I realized that I did get something finished, it just didn't feel like it because it's yarn!
 Pictured above is my very first handspun completed. This was spun on the Louet S15 double treadle wheel I borrowed from my local guild. It is approximately 114 yards of a 3 ply of what I am guessing is going to average out as a DK or worsted weight. It's a bit inconsistent, which is to be expected.

There are two plies of the dark brown undyed alpaca, and one of white mystery wool. It has it's issues, for instance I don't know by what stroke of genius I thought it would be a good idea to try a 3 ply on my first time out, but I love it all the same. I can't wait to make something with it!

What have you finished this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment