Friday, October 11, 2013

FO Friday: Hallowig


All finished is the Hallowig by Megan Reardon.  I made this on US size 8/5 mm needles with some left over Red Heart With Love from a couple of previous projects. 


I thought I had finished this last night, but after I had my daughter try it on I realized that somehow a few stitches had popped out of my bind off and were starting to unravel. No idea how this happened, but I ended up undoing the bind off and ripping back about 3 rows and I am much happier with the finished project now. It was a bit pointy before. 


I also decided that it was missing something, and after checking out other peoples projects on ravelry, I decided it absolutely needed a bow to finish off the look. I used the Lolita Bows pattern by Blackbird McKinsey, in a coordinating color of Red Heart With Love (Blue Hawaii) that I had lying around. 

I just thought this was too cute of a knit to pass up and my daughter absolutely loves it. Who knows maybe it'll become part of her Halloween costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment