Wednesday, October 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Dragon Fire Pullover, More Stripey Socks, and Some ColorSamples


I know it's been a while, but I have made quite a bit of progress on my Dragon Fire Pullover. I am well into the lace dragon and have just divided for the sleeves and am currently am working back and forth on the back.
I will then go back and knit the front and join the two pieces at the shoulders. The sleeves will be knit separately and then sewn in. This will be my first time working set in sleeves and I am looking forward to the challenge.



I absolutely love the way the lace is working up and can't wait to see it once it's blocked!  In case you forgot, this is the Dragon Lace Pullover by Angela Hahn, and I am using Malabrigo Rastita in the Archangel colorway. My favorite thing about this yarn is how the color seems to change with each different kind of light it is seen in. Some days I think it is more pink, others more orange, and still others more purple in hue. 


Aside from some off air Christmas Knitting, which requires charts, the sweater is all I had on the needles, so when we decided to take the kids to see Turbo in the dollar theater I realized I didn't have any movie knitting. So, I cast these on in the car. The yarn is Premier Yarns a Serenity Sock Weight in the color Teal Tease. I am using my size 2 (2.75 mm) ChiaoGoo circulars. There is no pattern, I just cast on 68 sts, worked 1 inch of 2 x 2 ribbing, then 5 more inches in plain stockinette. I started working the heel flap last night while watching Star Trek V: The Final Frontier in bed. 


Late last week I finally got my next shipment of yarn in for the shop, so I took to the dye studio this weekend to work up some color samples for some holiday inspired colorways. You all get the first sneak peek. Let's just say that I'm not going with the traditional red and green combo, that's a bit overdone and there are so many other options out there!  I'm super excited for you all to see the finished yarns, but they're not quite ready yet. Soon, soon. 

That's it for me. What have you been working on?






No comments:

Post a Comment