Friday, October 18, 2013

FO Friday: A Stripey Ball Sack


Yes you read that right, this cute little pattern is called the Ball Sack by Jennifer Sugarman. And, as the name implies it is a sack to hold your center pull yarn ball (cake).
If you've ever knit from one of these you know that as you use more and more yarn the center becomes more hollow and eventually your cake collapses and can turn into a tangled mess. But with a ball sack around it it keeps your yarn all in one place, and as it is mesh it stretches to fit over a full cake, but then compresses the yarn ball slightly as you use the yarn. Oh, and check out my awesome mustash box bag from StarKnits!


You may recognize this yarn from my Dark Chocolate Raspberry Latte socks I finished a few weeks ago. It is Fibernymph Dye Works in the Dark Chocolate Sundae colorway. I love how the stripes worked up in this pattern and as I am using sock yarn scraps and it is self striping, I can submit this for multiple KALs since this is Socktober and all. I may get around to actually knitting a pair of socks this month, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I am still in love with working on my sweater!

Have you finished anything this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment