Friday, October 4, 2013

FO Friday: Stripey Socks and Some Yarny Goodness


I had every intention of having these socks done by Tuesday to be in time for some Knit-A-Long's that ended on Sept 30th. I sort of got sucked into the dye pot this weekend and didn't get to work on them mich at all. By Sunday night I was about three inches in on the second sock. So I decided to buckle down on Monday and get them finished by the Midnight deadline. I worked on them all day from the time I woke up with only a few short breaks, you know to eat and whatnot. I was so close but as I hit the point where I needed to start decreasing for the toe, I looked up at the clock and it was 11:55 pm. 

Fail.  I was so sore and tired I just dropped the sock and went to bed. It remained in timeout for a few days and yesterday I was finally motivated to finish them. You know, so I would have something to show today. I absolutely love them! Even though I've been wearing them all day, and they are now completely covered I white dog hair, I still can't stop looking at them.  


As I mentioned before these are the Vanilla Latte pattern done in Fibernymph Dyeworks Bounce (80% superwash merino/20% nylon) in the Dark Chocolate Sundae colorway. I did the 64 stitch size on a US 2/2.75mm needle. I love this pattern because it has different options for the cuff heel and toe. I went with the 2x2 rib for the cuff so that the garter panels would naturally come off the purl columns of the ribbing. I chose the eye of partridge heel as I had never used it before and the rounded wedge toe. 

When I wasn't knitting this week, I was dyeing, and I have now got my first official colorway!  This is just a teaser as I am waiting until I can get a few more colorways done so I can list them in my shop all at once.   This is called "Nebula" and I am totally in love with the way it turned out. 


It's pinks, and blues and purples and turquoises all layered over each other and it reminds me of those gorgeous time lapse photographs of nebulas. Go check google images, you'll see what I mean. 


I intentionally left light spots (these all have some color just very minimal) in the yarn to represent stars and how light reflects off of the gas clouds in the nebulas. What do you think?  Do you have anything you'd like to see on yarn?  Let me know below, and I'll see what I can do!



No comments:

Post a Comment