Friday, June 8, 2012

FO Friday: Monkey, Giraffe, Pig, Beaded Crocodile Stitch Bag

Well, this has been a rather productive week!

First here are my finished Giraffe and Crocodile stitch bag:

 This little guy will be shipped out to his new home along with the lion, alligator, squirrel and pig (shown below) today!

 The liner is in and snaps attached!  My mom loves her bag.
Here is a plushy pig is finished earlier this week - this pattern is by Stacey Trock at FreshStitches.  This was my first attempt at "back loop only" amigurumi and the end result is much different from my usual work which results in a tighter fabric, but this guy is so soft and squishy he will make a perfect stuffed animal to be played with by kids!
Finally last weekend I enrolled in a Craftsy.com class called Amigurumi: Design Your Own Monster with Stacey Trock.  If you have not checked out Craftsy yet I would definitely encourage you to do so!  I loved this class and all of the material presented and best of all once you enroll you have access to the class forever!  You can go back and re-watch all of the segments again and again whenever you wish!  I decided to wait on doing a monster but I had an idea in my head about a monkey so that's what i "designed" with the help of this course.  Please ignore the crazy colors since as this was my first foray into design, I just used whatever yarn I had lying around.  
I think he turned out really cute, though I might modify the eyes if I make him again.  My husband thinks he looks a bit surprised, haha!


One final note, I think it amazing at the range of sizes that you can get in amigurumi, check out this pic!
What did you do this week?  I would love to hear about it, please feel free to share below!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, that's a lot of crocheting!

    Love your animals and especially your design... fab job!

    ReplyDelete