Friday, June 1, 2012

FO Friday!

As promised, here is my finished squirrel!  Isn't he cute?

My favorite thing about this guy is his fluffy tail!  Incidentally this was also my least favorite part to make and attach as crocheting with the fun fur and being able to see what you are doing is almost impossible.  I will be taking a break before I try to do another fun fur project. 

As an added tip for those of you interested in working with the fun fur for your amigurumi, I suggest working those pieces wrong side out.  That's what I did on this guy.  Since the working yarn is always being pulled through the work from front to back the "right side" ends up looking matted and you can see the stitches, whereas the back side naturally comes out nice and fluffy!

The pattern for this squirrel is from the book More Cute Little Animals To Crochet by Amy Gaines.

What did you finish this week?

2 comments:

  1. He's absolutely adorable.. you did a great job.
    FOund you on the Ravelry blog link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm glad you like him. Glad to know someone besides my family has seen my site! Haha as you can probably tell I'm new to blogging but really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete