Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Birdies and a Cow

Baby Bird
Well, the first "work in progress" I have today is actually already done...lol.  It started out the day as a WIP and I finished it before I realized it was Wednesday.  So anyway here is my finished momma and baby birdies.

Momma Bird
What a cute pair!
 The larger bird is Stacey Trock's Blue Bird pattern available though her Woodland Creatures Craftsy Class. Which is a great resource for anyone who is looking to learn how to do Amigurumi.  There are 4 patterns included in the class, the Blue Bird, a cute little Deer, Bear, and a Racoon.  Each of the animals builds on the techniques learned in the previous lessons and adding a few more as you go.

And since I completed my WIP without realizing it, I figured I had better start on something else!  I am participating in the Freshstitches group CAL (crochet along) this month on Ravelry, which is to make Stacey Trock's Jackie the Cow pattern. Here is what I have done so far:

 Half of the head and the body.  Still to go are the arms, legs, snout and nostrils, ears, eyes and tail.  Hopefully I will have a finished cow to share on Friday.  Wish me luck!  What is currently on your hook?  I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

  1. That is adorable! I'd love to learn crochet just to knit cute softies like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely should! They're super easy and don't take a lot of time. I taught myself to crochet just so I could make these guys!

      Delete