Tuesday, September 10, 2013

2Dye4 Tuesday: Food Coloring Hand Paint


I've been waiting on some commercial acid dyes to come in the mail and reading a bunch of books and websites on hand dyeing and decided to try out hand painting with food coloring. This is the result!    I mixed the colors myself with the little food coloring we had left in the house.
 I think we've had these since the early 1980s, we don't do a lot of baking.


I was shooting for a purple, an aqua blue, and a turquoise. As I was mixing I ran out of blue so I ended up with more of an emerald for what was supposed to be the turquoise, and turquoise for the aqua. I love the results anyway. This one will be going home with my mother as she fell in love with it even more than I did if that's possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment