Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Absolutely Adorable Pumpkin Hat


This week I have been working on this adorable pumpkin hat. It is based on the Punkin Head pattern by Tara Thomsen.
 I did not pay any attention to if there were specific gauge requirements or number of pattern repeats. I did a gauge swatch with a couple of different size needles and decided to go with a size 10 needle which gave me a gauge of 14.5 stitches to 4 inches. My 3 year old has a rather large 22 inch head and the pattern calls for a 10 stitch repeat so I cast on 80 stitches.  So far I have made modifications to the rolled brim, by knitting it in straight stockinette, then adding a purl ridge before moving into the ribbing pattern.


This is Red Heart With Love yarn in Mango. I will also be using some Red Heart Soft in Guacamole for the stem and leaf. 


I have had this project planned for almost a year now and just didn't have the motivation to cast it on. Then I found out that The Knit Girllls Podcast is hosting a Halloween Knit-A-Long for September and October. It couldn't be more perfect timing so I cast on and away I went. This one should be finished later today or early tomorrow, so check back Friday to see the finished object!

No comments:

Post a Comment