Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Dark Chocolate Raspberry Latte Socks


I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am to be working on these socks. I feel like for the past two months I have worked on nothing but mass produced acrylic yarn. After returning from the Wool Gathering with some new lovely, smooshy, soft, natural and hand dyed yarns, and realizing how I didn't have anything that fell into this category on the needles I couldn't help but cast on. 


I went through my recent acquisitions and almost immediately settled on this lovely skein of Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce in the Dark Chocolate Sundae colorway. This is a fingering weight 80% Merino/20% Nylon Self striping yarn, that I have been itching to cast on since I bought it. I wanted to do a simple sock with this so as to highlight the gorgeous yarn but not lose any patterning in the high contrast color blocks. So, I chose the Vanilla Latte Socks pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.  It is available as a free pattern on Ravelry. I am currently getting ready to start the heel flap on sock one. These are just flying and I can't wait to see them finished!  

No comments:

Post a Comment