Friday, September 27, 2013

FO Friday: Entrelac Birthday Blanket


I didn't quite make it in time for her party on Saturday, as is evidenced by this photo (the main body was done, but I was still working on getting all of the ends woven in and the border done), but I promised my daughter that I would have it done in time for her actual birthday on Monday. I had it finished and waiting for her when she got off the bus from school. 



I just love the way it turned out!  This blanket is loosely based on the Tumbling Blocks Blanket by Lion Brand, in that I didn't actually read the pattern, I saw the pictures, said I can do that, and cast on. I let Maddie go through my stash of Lion Brand Vanna's Choice and pick out the colors she wanted, which I must say are absolutely gorgeous!


I believe the original pattern had a reverse single crochet border, but since this blanket was for a girl I opted for a scalloped border instead. I had to fudge the numbers a little bit to get the corners to work out correctly, but I'm in love with the finished look. So is Maddie, she won't even take it to her room because she wants it to be where everyone can see it. 

What did you finish this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment