Thursday, August 1, 2013

Stash Enhancement and the Swag Bag: Knit Picks


Yay, my Knit Picks order has arrived!  It took a little longer to get here than expected considering I live about 10 minutes from their warehouse (they really need to look into offering a local pickup option), but it's here.




First up, some Knit Picks CotLin in the Sagebrush, Swan, and Harbor colorways. It is, as the name suggests, a 70/30 blend of Tanguis Cotton and Linen in a DK weight yarn.  I am planning on making some spa cloths with them.




Next is some Swish Worsted in the Serrano and Dove Heather colorways. This is a worsted weight 100% Superwash Merino yarn.  These are Ohio State colors if you didn't already know so I'm thinking they will be for an OSU themed gift.


I recently took a Craftsy course, Tunisian Crochet: Revolutions in Color and Style with Jennifer Hansen, the Stitch Diva, and I saw that Knit Picks has their Harmony wood crochet hooks available as interchangeables that work with the cables I already have from my interchangeable knitting needles set. This will be perfect for working on Tunisian crochet projects. The spa cloths that I mentioned above call for a size H hook which they didn't have in stock and since I almost never get gauge with the suggested needle size, I got a couple sizes on either side. There is a US 7 4.50mm, a US I/9 5.50mm, and a US K/10 6.50mm. I also ordered a set of 40" cables since I go from a 32" to a 60" in my current set, and I have found that sometimes I would prefer something in between.


And last but not least, I got a FREE set of US7 4.50 mm Options Interchangeable nickel plated knitting needle tips and a FREE 24" cable set!  Knit Picks was offering a promotion where you got these free with a $25 purchase through July 31st. You can never have too many needles, and I find I use this size quite often. 

All in all yesterday was a great day!  This will be my first time using these yarns and the crochet hooks. Have you tried them?  What do you think?

Check back tomorrow for FO FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment