Tuesday, August 13, 2013

YIR: Post-Christmas Knitting

As I mentioned in my last Year In Review post I was planning on taking a little break from knitting after frantically finishing my last gift at midnight on Christmas Eve. No such luck.
For Christmas I received several knitting related gifts. First up were some large needle tips for my interchangeable needles set, which were appropriate for bulky weight yarns. I had also gotten a skein of Knit Picks Biggo yarn as well and I ended up casting on this cowl after the hustle and bustle of the day wound down. I found a free pattern online and since I didn't have as much yarn as it called for, I just cast on and knit until I ran out of yarn. I finished the cowl that night before I went to bed. So much for that break.


I also received 8 skeins of Cascade Heritage Yarns Quatro, which is a fingering weight merino/nylon blend, and a Craftsy class of my choice. I had decided to take the Knit Original Toe Up Sock class with Donna Druchunas. So I cast on for my first pair of socks. No pattern, just used some of the toe and heel techniques from the class and chose a lace pattern from a stitch library. I think they turned out pretty well and I wear them regularly. 


Last on the list for today is this Kindle cover. My wonderful husband got me a Kindle for Christmas. It needed to be wrapped in knitted love so I made myself this cabled cover using some leftover yarn from one of the pairs of mittens. Isn't it cute?  See you tomorrow for another Work In Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment