Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Striped Socks and Another Entrelac Blanket?


First up on my needles this week is the Harvest Dew socks by Rose Hiver. After working on big projects almost exclusively for the last month I needed something small and portable so I dug some yarn out of my stash.
This is Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Collection Serenity Sock Weight, which is an 50/25/25 blend of Superwash Merino, Bamboo, and Nylon. I originally cast the on with a size 2, 2.75 mm fixed KnitPicks circular. After breaking two nails trying to get the stitches up over the join of the needle and the cable I decided I needed to get a different needle for socks. The one I am using now is a ChiaoGoo 40" circular in the same size 2.75 mm. Things are going much smoother now and I'm not having trouble getting the stitches from the cable to the needle.

I am really pleased with the way these are working up. The slipped elongated stitches do a really nice job of adding interest to the self striping yarn. 


Wait is this a completely different Entrelac blanket?  Why yes it is!  This one is knitted and I actually started this one back in June or July for my daughter. This one is also in Lion Brand Vanna's Choice from my stash, and is very loosely based on the Tumbling Blocks Blanket pattern by Lion Brand. I didn't actually look at the pattern at all, I used my own version of the entrelac and chose the number of starting triangles to make a wider blanket. It got put on hiatus while I worked on my son's blanket. 

We ended up going to the movies on Friday to see Planes with my little boy and since I can't crochet in the dark, but I can knit, I brought this along with me. I am shooting to have this one done in time for my daughter's birthday toward the end of September. I am waiting for more of the blue color to come in the mail since I only had one skein, and they do not sell this color locally anymore. So you will likely be hearing about this one quite a bit over the next month. 

What's currently on your needles?  I would love to hear about it. Post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment